On 5th March 2016 we played a concert at St James Church in New Barnet in support of Chipping Barnet Day Centre for the Elderly, helping to raise over £600!
“The Management Committee of the Day Centre would like to thank the Barnet Wind Band for the superb concert that it performed on Saturday evening in aid of Chipping Barnet Day Centre for the Elderly. The music was beautifully interpreted and the programme was carefully planned. “
Here is what the The Worshipful the Mayor Councillor Mark Shooter had to say about our performance at the Holocaust Memorial Day:
“It is with great pleasure that I write to you today to thank you for your contribution to the success of the London Borough of Barnet Holocaust Memorial Commemoration Service last Sunday.
I congratulate you and the Barnet Band for the wonderful, outstanding performance given, it was very much appreciated and very highly complimented from the people I spoke with after the event.”
On 16th May 2015 we played at St John’s United Reformed Church in New Barnet in aid of Friend in Need Community Centre. Friend in Need Community Centre was founded in 1982 for the purpose of serving the needs of the local community.
Here’s what the Director, John Wilks, had to say about us:
“It was a great success as attested to by all present. What made it particularly pleasing
was that one of the band members said to me, “Same again, next year” and it was
reported that they said it was the best fund raising concert they had ever done.
The sum of £1 060 was raised, before expenses.
Once again, “a great night was had by all.””
Last month we helped Barnet Museum celebrate their 75th anniversary. I think they liked us. This is what they said:
all of us present were thrilled to hear the band. Do please pass on the hearty thanks of all of us at the museum to the band for their fabulous playing and for giving up their time so generously to ensure such a successful and enjoyable afternoon for everyone.
Do please pass our thanks on to the Barnet Band. They performed so very well. I wonder if their predecessors have played at the Court House Gardens before! They may even have something in their records about this.
They were extremely good and everyone thoroughly enjoyed listing to them.
- I wanted to thank you formally for Saturday night’s concert at St Mark’s Church, and please pass our thanks to the members of the Barnet Band and Matt and the band committee.
- We were still feeling on a high from the concert on Sunday morning and there was nothing but praise for the Barnet Band. People kept coming up to me to say how much they had enjoyed themselves, and what an excellent evening it was. People were saying how great it is to hear a live band when Saturday night TV has become so monotonous.
- We had the church full to capacity, as you know, and it was quite hard to find places to seat the last few people where they were not going to be behind pillars.
- the amount raised was just a little short of £900
- Please say a big thank you to Matt, everyone in the Band and the Band Committee
I wanted to email you to thank you and everyone involved with Barnet Band, for supporting Cherry Lodge Cancer Care through your recent Festive Folk concert.
I thought it was a wonderful event, in a lovely church. I have received so much positive feedback about the choice of songs and the quality of the playing, not to mention the superb programme. I personally had the pleasure of working in the background to the lovely warm sound.
Events like yours allow Cherry Lodge to support individuals dealing with Cancer in Barnet and across North London, and the £498.45 raised on the night will help provide vital services including; consultations with trained cancer nurses, weekly support groups, and visits to support isolated sufferers in their own homes.
Your help really is appreciated.
Keith Everest – Head of Fundraising